Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 2: Meet your Classroom



Regardless of what you may have learned from A Noble Failure, they *do* do that anymore.

The blackout curtains in my room mean business.  Went to bed at 8pm or so when the internet cut out on me and all the travel-exhaustion hit me at once.  Woke up feeling like it was 6am or so, pitch black in my room.  It was noon.  So gotta watch out for that one.  Booked it over to the school, got my school keys, started forensically excavating from the last teacher's notes, work-handed-back, gradebooks, etc. where my class was.  This guy I'm taking over from has given me everything I need to succeed.  I could kiss him.  He went so far as to have every student write me a "Dear New Teacher" letter.  I have 50 letters from adorable kids telling me they like hunting and fishing and their favorite kind of math is the "easy kind".  Set up the classroom to my taste (I'm a desks-in-a-U more than a rows kinda guy), cleaned the blackboard, and then spend 7 hours typing up lesson plans and worksheets for tomorrow.  This is the hard day.  Tried to zero in on where each group is and where they're going, but we'll find out tomorrow if I've leaped too far or not far enough with any of them.  Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment